And all through the house.
We were sure stirring, much like a mouse.
Okay, so I'm not the best poet, but I can't help but be nostalgic thinking back to 1 year ago tonight when when we anticipating the arrival of our little "Baby Dubs" into this world. Maddie was a week late, so I was scheduled to be induced on Feb. 22nd. I remember it being such a strange feeling eating dinner and knowing we were going to meet our child the next day. How do you spend your last night of "freedom" so to speak? We went out for Neapolitan pizza with my mom and my friend Allison, so I guess that was our answer to the question. Truth is, nothing can prepare you to become parents, and we realized that.
Yes, you definitely give up a lot of your freedom and are all of a sudden responsible for a another human being, but I can't imagine my life without Maddie. Not to say that I can't remember my life before her (I always laugh at people who say they can't remember their life before kids, cause I know Stephen and I have no trouble remembering the ease of going out to restaurants sans baby). She is truly a joy, and we feel so blessed that God has given her to us to watch over. Here's to you Maddie May!

Happy Birthday Maddie!! It's your birthday here in North Carolina!! We love you so much sweet girl.
ReplyDelete